Equal Exchange West, DSD Representative/ Warehouse Operations
Equal Exchange is a fair trade organization and coffee roaster headquartered in West Bridgewater, MA. Founded in 1986, our mission is to create more fair trade relationships between farmers and consumers. We bypass the conventional marketing system by cutting out middlemen and buying directly from farmer cooperatives. Due to the complex level of training involved with a worker-owner co-operative, Equal Exchange does ask for a two-year commitment to employment. This position will work out of the Seattle, WA area with trips to the Portland, Oregon office as necessary
- Full-time, regular, non-exempt position, worker-owner track
- Hours: 40-45 hours per week
- Salary: $13.75/ hr, Annual Compensation total $28,600
- Benefits: health/dental/vision insurance coverage, vacations, holidays, sick days, eligibility for worker ownership
- Reports to Seattle DSD Coordinator
- Responsible for: Direct Store Deliveries in the Seattle market and sales. Goals & regional office support as determined with supervisor
- An interest in the mission of Equal Exchange
- Ability to communicate and problem solve effectively with customers and team members
- Ability to manage time and responsibilities
- A desire to learn and contribute to the success of the organization.
- Enjoy working as part of a team.
- An ability to do extensive lifting is required (up to 70 lbs).
- An ability to pay attention to detail and work accurately.
- Basic understanding of English.
- Requires a valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to do other tasks as needed to support the team as requested by the supervisor
DSD Responsibilities 90%:
- Establish efficient routing with supervisor
- Fill & Clean coffee bins
- Inventory management/ FIFO (first in first out)
- Merchandize all products delivered
- Oversees display maintenance
- Process invoices and paperwork accurately
- Inventory at Storage facility/warehouse
- Maintains adequate supply
- Effective FIFO management
- Submit accurate inventory once a month
- Submits accurate delivery sheets within 24 hours of delivery
Warehouse Operations Responsibilities
- Unload deliveries at Public Storage
- Ensure product rotation
- Notify PDX office of discrepancies & Damage issues
- Receive into computer system
- Participate with department team-mates to continuously improve our practices. Work in a team-based system with Sales, Customer Service, and other co-workers to build an effective, efficient organization. Work with supervisor to take on special responsibilities after showing competency in core tasks.
Personnel and Fair Trade Development 10%:
- Participate in weekly staff, team, department and educational meetings (Exchange Time)meetings
- Understand our producer partners, trading policies and the Fair Trade movement
- Understand and participate in our worker cooperative model